From: Harald Arnesen <harald@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC only for priviliged users?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 17:45:21
1 Jesús García Crespo (aka Sevein) <correo@××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Hi! I thought that GCC could means a risk if all of the users of my
4 > system are able to run it! I talked this with a friend and he propossed
5 > to create a new group, "compiler", for example, where all the users
6 > who will be able to run gcc must belong to it!
7 >
8 > Wouldn't be interesting to implement this into Gentoo gcc ebuild as an
9 > USE?
10
11 What stops the user from downloading the gcc source and install it on
12 her home partition?
13 --
14 Hilsen Harald.
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list