From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage wrongly blocking an update
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 09:53:05
1 Hello list,
2
3 Today's update of my LAN server failed to resolve a block. It said it couldn't
4 emerge net-proxy/squid-5.7 because of:
5
6 [blocks B ] <net-proxy/squid-5 ("<net-proxy/squid-5" is hard blocking
7 net-proxy/squid-5.7)
8 [,,,]
9 (net-proxy/squid-5.7:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
10 net-proxy/squid required by @apps
11
12 That's all I got. No sign of what required <net-proxy/squid-5, nor of where
13 the < had come from.
14
15 The apps set does not specify a version, and no other package depends on
16 squid, so I removed it with emerge -C, then restarted the update, which ran to
17 completion.
18
19 It seems to me that portage should have been able to do the same, and upgrade
20 squid smoothly.
23 Regards,
24 Peter.