From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Decrapifying my system
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:15:51
1 On 07/17/2011 02:28 PM, James Wall wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm running into space issues (my / partition is at 99% of capacity) and
4 >> I'd like some advice on what I can remove and how. My USE line in
5 >> /etc/make.conf looks like this:
6 >>
7 >> USE="-setup declarative static-libs gallium moonlight semantic-desktop
8 >> -kdeprefix -aqua policykit cdda vhosts automount flashblock jadetex
9 >> vanilla additions mplayer -evo gentoo a52 -asterisk dbus ctype session
10 >> zaptel ivtv -kerberos gphoto2 pcre mode-owner -firefox seamonkey
11 >> -mozilla candy apache2 oss -apm alsa arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts cdr
12 >> crypt cups doc encode fortran f77 foomaticdb gdbm gif gpm -gnome
13 >> gstreamer -gtk -gtk2 imlib jpeg -kde libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mpeg
14 >> ncurses nls oggvorbis pam pdf lib png ppds python -qt quicktime readline
15 >> -samba sasl sdl threads nntp spell ssl svga tcltk tcpd truetype usb X
16 >> xml xml2 xmms xv zlib x86 imap offensive java mysql examples mmx mmx2
17 >> perl divx4linux real mmxext audiofile nas snmp hal unicode guile slp
18 >> tidy dvd dvdr dvdread flash glut new-login browserplugin nsplugin bzip2
19 >> win32codecs v4l v4l2 ruby sql lirc mythtv dvb ffmpeg userlocales php
20 >> -debug jack jack-tempfs portaudio bash-completion bind-mysql joystick
21 >> cli cgi ftp dba nptl nptlonly libclamav syslog jikes mpm-leader ithreads
22 >> -nautilus tcl expat"
23 >>
24 >> and I'd like to completely remove both gnome and kde (except for kpat).
25 >> I use xfce, so that shouldn't be a problem, right? I've tried emerge
26 >> -C gnome and emerge -C kde, but the gnome line only unmerged the final
27 >> gnome package, and the kde line didn't work at all (I'm thinking it's
28 >> called kde-meta now), but unmerging kde-meta only unmerged the final kde
29 >> package. How do I do this?
33 > I would recommend using emerge -p --depclean to see what can be yanked
34 > off automatically. since you have the gnome and kde-meta packages
35 > already uninstalled it should pull all the chunks out for you.
36
37 I also use "eclean-dist -d" every week or two to delete the obsolete source
38 tarballs from /usr/portage/distfiles. Sometimes I free up a huge amount of
39 disk space that way.