From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about bird init script
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 15:01:27
1 On 3/5/19 6:03 AM, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > Okay, I tried to write another script:
3 > https://git.grifon.fr/alarig/SwordArMor-gentoo-overlay/src/branch/master/net-misc/bird/files/initd-bird-2
4 >
5 > I deleted things, but added others. I’m not sure if I respect all the
6 > openrc standards as I’m not very comfortable with it.
7
8 That's OK, it already looks a lot better. And it works, which is nice =)
12 > I added a check_run() function because I want to use the bird config
13 > parser if it’s running.
14
15 You probably want to specify the config file in check_run(). You might
16 refactor the command_args as follows,
17
18 client_args="-c ${CONF_FILE} -s ${SOCK}"
19 command_args="${client_args} -P ${pidfile}"
20
21 and then in check_run, you can use "birdc ${client_args}..."
25 > I added my own stop() function because bird has to wait for all the
26 > sessions to be closed before killing the process.
27
28 There's a "retry" variable that you can set at the top-level:
29
30 retry Retry schedule to use when stopping the daemon. It can
31 either be a timeout in seconds or multiple signal/time‐
32 out pairs (like SIGTERM/5).
33
34 (from "man openrc-run")
35
36 The default stop() function will use that, so you shouldn't need to
37 write your own stop() if you set "retry=15".
41 > I’m open to your comments and improvements :)
44 The checkconfig() function isn't used any more, so it can be deleted. So
45 long as bird crashes with an error like "no config file!" when the file
46 is missing, I don't think you need to check for it yourself.
47
48 These days /var/run is simply a symlink to /run, so those two paths can
49 be shortened.
50
51 Once you've used it for a while and are confident that everything works,
52 please file a bug to include the improved script in the tree!