From: Jimmy Rosen <listjiro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] online collaboration, sharing desktop or separate windows over the net?
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:35:20
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I'm planning to recruit two masters students for a development project
4 starting summer/autumn. I'm rummaging the web for some nice
5 collaboration tools since I'm planning on trying to recruit from
6 wherever I can find good people, and it will be too expensive to
7 relocate people to my site for the entire project duration.
8
9 So far I've found:
10
11 ssh/scp/rsync
12 email
13 jabber/icq/...
14 gnomemeeting(ekiga?)/gnumeeting/skype
15 The above lot takes care of file, text, and voice, but I would like
16 more.
17
18 Jarnal seems to have support for some sort of collaborative sketching,
19 if everyone has tablet hardware.
20
21 It would be nice to share a desktop. I found Collaborative VNC
22 http://www.benjie.org/software/linux/collaborative-vnc/
23
24 But I haven't found anything that can share just one or several
25 windows, similar to if you just open windows on a regular remote X
26 session. Does anyone know of such a tool?
27
28 If you have experience with collaborative tools that have worked fine
29 I would love to hear more about it.
32 Thanks
33 Jimmy
34 --