From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pycharm-community vs pycharm-professional
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 09:19:39
1 On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Raffaele Belardi
2 <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
3 > András Csányi wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> Check this page:
7 >> https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/features/editions_comparison_matrix.html
8 >
9 > I'm not the OP but am interested in the topic and currently just a noob in Python.
10 >
11 > I'd use Python to develop programs for fun on an ARM-linux embedded board, with the host
12 > PC running Gentoo. I suppose that for debugging on the target I'd need this feature:
13 > "Remote run/debug" which is available only in the Pro edition, right?
16 Yes. For all interested there is a .jar going around that has been
17 modified to avoid the license check that is as far as I can tell safe;
18 it does not require a network connection.
19
20 There is also PyDev, based on Eclipse. Remote debug (which entails
21 running) can be found documented at
22 http://www.pydev.org/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html.
23
24 Usually what I see is either sftp or rsync (over ssh) to the remote
25 computer, then ssh to run the updated files. Alternatively you can ssh
26 to the remote host and run vim within that session.
27
28 Cheers,
29 R0b0t1