From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 20:42:38
1 On 2021.08.31 16:20, Michael wrote:
2 [snip....]
3 > Is there some particular need to resize boot? Is there even a need
4 > to have a pool for it? It seems to me having a stand alone simple
5 > VFAT partition for / boot which doubles up as ESP with a /boot/EFI
6 > subdirectory will do the job, although I understand not all use cases
7 > are as simplistic as what I envisage here.
8
9 My only need to resize my boot/ESP partition was when I decided to
10 increase the number of kernel/initrd combinations I wanted to keep
11 around at one time, and ran out of space.
12
13 Jack