From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ati-drivers-8.27.10: total lock on logout
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 20:09:34
1 On 8/4/06, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 > This hasn't been true for at least a year, since they started a real
3 > Linux team up.
4
5 I will grant that their releases over the last several months seem to
6 be getting better. Indeed they are at least releasing on a montly
7 basis, while nVidia seems to have trouble producing releases on a
8 4-month cycle! But it will take at least another year of that (plus
9 solid power management and composite support!) before I consider
10 buying an ATI card or laptop again.
11
12 -Richard
13 --