From: "Noack
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: AW: AW: [gentoo-user] emerge fails with "tc-getCC: command not found"
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:15:52
1 Hi,
2
3 well it seems indeed to be a problem only on your machine. Because of I have also updated to sys-apps/portage-2.1-r2 succesfully, now. Maybe you should try to download first a new portage snapshot, remove the entire directory /usr/portage from your system untar the snapshot to /usr and run again `emerge --sync && emerge -u portage`.
4
5 Regards
6 Sebastian Noack
9 > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
10 > Von: philipptoelke@×××.de [mailto:philipptoelke@×××.de]
11 > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. August 2006 17:26
12 > An: gentoo-user@l.g.o
13 > Betreff: Re: AW: [gentoo-user] emerge fails with "tc-getCC: command not
14 > found"
15 >
16 > Hello,
17 >
18 > Noack, Sebastian <S.Noack@××××××××××.de> wrote:
19 > > tc-getCC is no binary. It is a function of the eclass toolchain, to
20 > > determine the path to the corresponding C-Compilier. You should make
21 > > sure that the corresponding ebuild contains the line "inherit
22 > > toolchain-funcs" in the beginning. But however it seems to be a bug in
23 > > the specified ebuild. But maybe you can fix it by this advice.
24 >
25 > Thanks for your answer!
26 >
27 > The ebuild does inherit the toolchain-funcs.
28 > I could not find any corresponding bugs in bugzilla, and I think that
29 > more people would have reported this problem with the portage-ebuild, if
30 > it was a general problem.
31 >
32 > Thanks,
33 > --
34 > Philipp Tölke
35 >
36 > Question: Who said the name Microsoft and when?
37 > Answer: Bill Gates' wife at their wedding night!
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list