From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [SOLVED]Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth speakers
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 16:35:07
1 On Thursday, 5 May 2022 16:22:56 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Is there a knack to getting my plasma desktop to operate happily with my new
4 > Bluetooth speakers? I can get a connection using the Bluetooth control
5 > panel, and the sound device appears in the Audio control panel, but testing
6 > either speaker produces no sound.
7
8 I think I've solved the problem. No, not BT but with a wired connection I do
9 now have sound. BT can wait until I need it.
10
11 The fix was to build a new system without any extra USE flags, i.e. non other
12 than what's in the plasma profile. Now it Just Works.
13
14 For completeness, these are the flags I removed from make.conf:
15
16 gpg gpm gstreamer handbook icu postscript pulseaudio qml
17
18 I can only suppose that some of those were fighting others. I still have quite
19 a few package-specific USE flags; I'll review all those as well.
20
21 Thanks to all who helped.
24 Regards,
25 Peter.