From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change Partition Type
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:08:11
1 On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 15:52 -0400, Michael Crute wrote:
2 > I have a laptop and when I initially setup the partitions I
3 > anticipated that I would install Windoze along side of Linux for
4 > gaming purposes, I now realize that this is never going to happen and
5 > would like to change the partition type from NTFS to Linux Native. Is
6 > it possible to do this without hurting the other partitions on the
7 > disk? I really can't afford to re-format/re-install the whole machine
8 > right now.
9 >
10 > The partition structure looks like this:
11 > hda1 -> NTFS (unformatted, want to convert over to Linux Native + ext3)
12 > hda2 -> Swap
13 > hda3 -> Linux Native (formatted ext3 with Gentoo installed)
14 >
15 simple.
16
17 mkft.etx3 /dev/hda1
18
19 done.
20
21 it won;t affect anything.
22
23 unless you want to have evrything as 1 big partition.
24
25 eg: had1 - linux
26 hda2 - swap
27
28 then u have more work .
31 > -Mike
32 >
33 > --
35 > Michael E. Crute
36 > http://mike.crute.org
37 >
38 > I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
39 > up where I intended to be. --Douglas Adams
40 --
41 Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list