From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Weird lockup problem
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:52:22
1 Howdy,
2
3 I've been having a weird problem for the past month where about twice a
4 week when I first unlock the system in the morning, the mouse moves
5 really slow (about 1 second update rate) and if I press any key except
6 ctl-alt-delete (which reboots the box but does not display the shutdown
7 messages to the console), the mouse pointer goes away and the system is
8 totally unresponsive. Also can't connect (ssh, ping, nfs) to the box
9 when this happens. So far I haven't found any log messages even hinting
10 at the problem.
11
12 This system is a ~x86 and after 3 years of running a gentoo workstation,
13 I'm at a loss on how to trouble shoot it.
14
15 Thank you,
16 Roy
17 --