From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems rendering unicode characters
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:31:34
1 On 10/18/06, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > On 10/17/06, fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > I'm not sure, but have a look at your locale settings.. good luck
9 >
10 > I currently have LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 and LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 set in
11 > /etc/env.d/02locale. And I have the appropriate env variables.
14 I don't have that file, note that not all applications support UTF-8 yet,
15 don't know where the characters are being displayed, try other applications,
16 type 'locale' to see what exactly the current locale is.
17
18 one thing, you'll be better off with a empty LC_ALL , but en.US.UTF-8 for
19 you LANG.
20
21 good luck
22
23 Does anyone know which variable might affect displaying fonts - in general -
24 > or unicode characters - in particular?
27 > daniel
32 > --
33 > Liviu