From: Micah Baker <mfbaker@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] after xorg update, emacs: undefined color: "black"
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:09:32
1 On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 05:25:47PM +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > Why does this happen? I upgraded to xorg modular (7.0.0). Most
3 > things work ok, but emacs gives me this error message. This includes
4 > three versions of emacs.
5 >
6 > # emacs
7 > Undefined color: "black
8 > #
9
10 I ran into something similar earlier with rxvt. Changing RgbPath in
11 xorg.conf seemed to fix things, but the migrating to modular X howto
12 suggests removing the line (to use the default setting).
15 > I found two messages on the ubuntuforums about this error, assoc with
16 > xorg, but the www was too slow, and I gave up.
17 >
18 > Can anyone point to the light?
19 >
20 > Alan