From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update to newer kernel completely hoses suspend
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 04:52:08
1 On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > So about a month ago I decided to update my kernel to the dreaded 3.x
3 > series. My old 2.6.x kernel ...
4
5 FYI Linus Torvalds says there was no change between 2.6 and 3.0. A quote:
6
7 So what are the big changes? NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Sure, we
8 have the usual two thirds driver
9 changes, and a lot of random fixes, but the point is that 3.0 is
10 *just* about renumbering, we are very much *not* doing a KDE-4 or a
11 Gnome-3 here. No breakage, no special scary new features, nothing at
12 all like that.
13
14 You can read his entire letter here:
15 https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/5/29/204