From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Guidance on encrypting my /home
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 00:27:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been playing with encrypting my home directory using cfs and
4 following the instructions at
5
6 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Encrypt_Your_Home_Directory_Using_CFS
7
8 I guess it mostly works, although I've had cfsd die randomly a few
9 times in a couple days. It sorta bothers me that app-crypt/cfs is
10 almost 2 years old and is still testing (~x86). This is one of those
11 apps I'd prefer stable.
12
13 So, before I get to settled on using this, a few questions.
14
15 Do you encrypt your home directory?
16
17 What apps and/or combination of apps do you use, and why?
18
19 Which ciphers do you prefer? Why?
20
21 Is it well supported?
22
23 What apps and/or files don't play well with encrytion?
24
25 I'm sure I'll have more questions after I've read some more.
26
27 Thanks,
28 festus
29 --
30 In all the millions of years dinosaurs roamed this planet, did any of
31 them feel the need to invent, say, nuclear weapons? Mickeyz