From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:08:00
1 On 06/29/12 10:57, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 >>
3 >> No, handbook only discusses grub (not grub2) and lilo.
4 >>
5 >> Which is sad; I'd love to use stuff like grub2 and {ext,sys}linux.
6 >> It'd be sweet to make things more easily convertible to netboot or
7 >> cdrom-boot scenarios.
8 >
9 > We will add some instructions to the handbook when grub:2 is
10 > stabilized. The docs team doesn't want to do it before then.
13 This makes sense, because people only do stable installs.