From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SpamAssassin is letting everything through
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:24:47
1 Jarry wrote:
2 >> I've trained it with sa-learn on a whole slew of ham and spam and it
3 >> continues to let through nearly all the spam coming in.
4 >
5 > BTW, in which form do all emails have to be in order to use them as
6 > examples for spamassassin-learning? mbox (all mails in 1 file), or
7 > maildir (every mail is a separate file)? Or both are acceptable?
8
9 Either. By default, SpamAssassin will assume path given is a Maildir
10 folder, unless passed with the -mbox statement.
11
12 > What about MUA mail-folders? Can I use them? I have a lot of mails in
13 > mozilla/thunderbird mail-folder format, which is (I think) very close to
14 > mbox (every mailfolder is one file, e.g. one file for all Sent mails,
15 > etc), but I'm not sure if spamassassin would understand it as many mails
16 > in one file, separated by newline and "From - <date>" line...
17
18 So long as it's in the mbox style, SpamAssassin will work with it. I do
19 remember seeing some references to the Thunderbird mail system, so I
20 think it should be OK.
23 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
24 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
25 --
26 2.6.12-gentoo-r9-djnauk-b1 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
27 up 2:58, 2 users, load average: 3.26, 1.86, 1.06
28 --
29 "Trust a nitwit society like this one to think that there are only
30 two categories - fag and straight."
31
32 ~ Gore Vidal
33 --