From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Boot Gentoo to clean windows
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:53:48
1 On Saturday 29 March 2008, 19:53, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > One of my biggest bugbears against reinstalling is drivers. Dell &
4 > Sony are wonderful! You just enter the tag or model number on their
5 > website and the correct drivers are listed. Advent - and here, in the
6 > UK, other "brands" of computer which are only available "exclusively"
7 > from PC World - can be a royal PITA, and once every month or two I
8 > encounter a machine for which it takes HOURS to find the correct
9 > drivers for all devices.
10
11 Ok, this is going /way/ OT already, however, speaking of windows driver
12 recovery, drivergrabber and drivermax (just google a bit to find them)
13 have helped me *a lot* in the past, especially with old or esoteric
14 hardare.
15 Hope this helps.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list