From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Big problem with module-rebuild
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:17:36
1 Neil Bothwick schreef:
2 > On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:26:02 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
5 >> And my question is, how to get it to stop doing that. If Portage
6 >> has a FEATURES setting that prevents the previous version being
7 >> unmerged this way, I don't know what it is.....
10 > Doesn't AUTOCLEAN="no" do this?
11 >
12 > It is a separate setting, not a FEATURE.
16 Yes, I see that, but since the description of it is not exactly clear, I
17 don't know if setting it to "no" would help, except by testing, which
18 I'm not prepared to do atm:
19
20 (from man make.conf)
21
22 AUTOCLEAN = ["yes" | "no"]
23 Automatically cleans the system by removing outdated
24 packages which will not remove functionalities or prevent your system from
25 working. On major ABI changes this may need to be set to
26 off to ensure that the system can be rebuilt using the new libs before
27 the old ones are removed. Downgrading with this option
28 turned off may result in missing symlinks and an inoperable system.
29 Defaults to yes.
32 In this respect, am I to assume that the "outdated package" is the
33 previously-installed version? I don't think so; I think this is a
34 separate process.
35
36 I just reinstalled Wine (unrelated, but perhaps appropriate for an
37 example) and the output does the "clean" process well after the previous
38 version (which is in this case the same version) was removed:
41 |>>> Safely unmerging already-installed instance...
42 --- !mtime obj /usr/share/wine/wine.inf
43 <snip>
44 --- !targe sym /usr/lib/libwine.so
45 --- !targe sym /usr/bin/wineg++
46 --- !targe sym /usr/bin/winecpp
47 |>>> original instance of package unmerged safely.
48 * ~/.wine/config is now deprecated. For configuration either use
49 * winecfg or regedit HKCU\Software\Wine
50 |>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
51 |>>> app-emulation/wine-0.9 merged.
52
53 |>>> clean: No packages selected for removal.
54 |>>> Auto-cleaning packages ...
55
56 But I could most certainly be reading this all wrong; it would certainly
57 be an easy solution if that was the case.
58
59 Holly
60 --
61 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list