From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gio/pcmanfm sftp:// "operation not supported"
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 21:31:24
1 Does anybody have any idea how to get pcmanfm to work with sftp?
2
3 I've found plenty of sources claiming it should work but all I ever
4 get when I try to open "sftp://<host>/" is "operation not supported"
5 [same result for both pcmanfm and pcmanfm-qt].
6
7 Google led me to several pages where the problem was not having gvfs
8 installed. I do have gvfs installed, but I suspect it's broken. I get
9 the impression that
10
11 $ gio list sftp://<host>/<path>
12
13 is supposed to work, but that too says "Operation not supported".
14
15 I've run strace -f on the above command, and none of the traced system
16 calls return ENOTSUP or EOPNOTSUPP
17
18 The same sftp:// URL works fine in filezilla, so I know the remote
19 server is OK.
20
21 The loan of a clue would be appreciated.
24 Grant