From: Hazen Valliant-Saunders <hazenvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: "optimized for your system" -- huh?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:19:22
1 With unit processors approaching up to 128 Cores on a single GPU I can
2 see why the guys at all those institutions want to put EL lights in
3 their big hawking 4 card SLI rigs?
4
5 That's like 1600 Cores on a single system, Even Blue Gene L only has
6 Dual Core PowerPC 440's, whith AMD's 4870 having 800 SPU's on a single
7 die, the X2 has two of them; oh and did we mention they are cheap?
8 (Blue Gene cost 100 million, right now a 4870x2 is only $500).
9
10 No they would never be useful for anything other then rendering
11 bouncing bobbies! ;)
12