From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Expect a ~15% average slowdown if you use an Intel processor
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 01:31:58
2 > The settings relevant to Spectre are:
3 > CONFIG_BPF_JIT - this being set to y is enough to make Intel
4 > processors vulnerable to variant 1/2. This being set to y is
5 > necessary, but not sufficient, for making AMD vulnerable to variant 1.
6 > net.core.bpf_jit_enable - this being set to 1 along with the config
7 > option being set is sufficient to make AMD vulnerable to variant 1.
8 > This setting has no effect on making Intel vulnerable to variant 1 or
9 > 2. I suspect this sysctl item won't appear unless it is loaded into
10 > the kernel in the first place.
13 Thanks for the clarification. I checked my three systemd systems and all
14 are;
15 # CONFIG_BPF_JIT is not set
16
17 systemd ebuild is looking for;
18 $ grep -i bpf /usr/portage/sys-apps/systemd/systemd-2*
19 /usr/portage/sys-apps/systemd/systemd-235-r1.ebuild: kernel_is -ge 4
20 10 && CONFIG_CHECK+=" ~CGROUP_BPF"
21 /usr/portage/sys-apps/systemd/systemd-236-r4.ebuild: kernel_is -ge 4
22 10 && CONFIG_CHECK+=" ~CGROUP_BPF"