From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble with mysql
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:47:32
1 On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 18:04 -0500, Paul Maszy wrote:
2 >
3 > You shouldnt have restarted.
4 >
5 > mysql is already starting on boot up. It showing that many mysql
6 > daemons is normal and ok.
7 >
8 > # /etc/init.d/mysql stop
9 > --- You will probably get an error here, if everything happened as you
10 > said. If not, your done.
11 >
12 > kill -9 `ps -ef | grep mysql | awk '{ print $2 }'`
13 >
14 > As for connecting to mysql, try without a password
15 > # mysql -u root
18 > See if it connects.
22 > Until you determine what is starting it, dont reboot. It just puts
23 > you back to square 1. I think the question you are asking is why is
24 > mysql already running. Its gotta be starting in the init scripts
25 > somehow, and if its not in /etc/init.d/mysql I would check for other
26 > scripts starting it.
27 >
28 > # grep mysql /etc/init.d/*
29
30 I ran /etc/init.d/mysql stop and it stopped without error - all of them.
31 I ran /etc/init.d/mysql start and it started again - now there are a
32 whole lot of them in the ps listing, but I can connect with the mysql
33 client. It seems to be fixed for now..
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list