From: Xavier MOGHRABI <xavier.moghrabi@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-sources 2.6.16-r7 and Hyperthreading => not working ?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:53:32
1 Dear Gentoo Users and Dev,
2
3 I've just installed on my desktop the last gentoo-sources package ( in portage
4 (2.6.16-r7). It seems that the hyperthreading is unvailable since when I do :
5 'cat /proc/cpuinfo', I can just see a single computer.
6
7 That is really strange since I was using the previous package
8 (gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r6) with hyperthreading feature enabled.
9
10 To build my kernel, I use genkernel (with --menuconfig option). I keep the
11 same configuration as the one for gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r6, that I loaded.
12
13 In my '.config' file, I have the following options, that as I know should make
14 hyperthreading available. :
15 CONFIG_MPENTIUM4=y
16 and
17 CONFIG_SMP=y
18 CONFIG_NR_CPUS=2
19 CONFIG_SCHED_SMT=y
20
21 My CPU is a single Pentium 4 3.2GHz with HT. Hereunder is the result
22 of 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' with the previous kernel:
23 processor : 0
24 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
25 cpu family : 15
26 model : 3
27 model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
28 stepping : 4
29 cpu MHz : 3192.178
30 cache size : 1024 KB
31 physical id : 0
32 siblings : 2
33 core id : 0
34 cpu cores : 1
35 fdiv_bug : no
36 hlt_bug : no
37 f00f_bug : no
38 coma_bug : no
39 fpu : yes
40 fpu_exception : yes
41 cpuid level : 5
42 wp : yes
43 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
44 cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc
45 pni monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
46 bogomips : 6391.31
47
48 processor : 1
49 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
50 cpu family : 15
51 model : 3
52 model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
53 stepping : 4
54 cpu MHz : 3192.178
55 cache size : 1024 KB
56 physical id : 0
57 siblings : 2
58 core id : 0
59 cpu cores : 1
60 fdiv_bug : no
61 hlt_bug : no
62 f00f_bug : no
63 coma_bug : no
64 fpu : yes
65 fpu_exception : yes
66 cpuid level : 5
67 wp : yes
68 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
69 cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc
70 pni monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
71 bogomips : 6384.19
72
73 Does somebody know what is wrong in my case ?
74
75 Thanks for your answer !
78 Xavier MOGHRABI - Consortium ObjectWeb
79 Jabber: moghrabi@××××××××××××××××.org - Phone: +33 4 76 61 52 35
80 --
81 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list