From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why WordPress is masked?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:16:20
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:54:12 +0200 Gevisz wrote:
4 > After emerge --search wordpress, I have found that this package is
5 > currently masked (at least for amd64 architecture). The same says
6 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/WordPress
7 >
8 > Earlier, in this mailing list, I was told that I can see the reasons
9 > for masking a package in .../profile/package.mask file.
10 >
11 > However, looking into it, I have not found there the wordpress
12 > package at all.
13 >
14 > Does anybody know, why wordpress package is currently masked and how
15 > dangerous it is to unmask it as the wikipage above advises.
16
17 Wordpress is not masked on my ~x86 and ~amd64 boxes. Probably you
18 have stable amd64 setup. Unmasking is generally safe in such cases,
19 though if you'll mix stable and unstable packages too much you may
20 have unforeseen consequences.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Andrew Savchenko