From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Unlocking Plasma desktop in Gentoo without systemd
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:13:44
1 On 09/12/2017 05:04 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > According to a comment in the bug, you can try to figure out which
3 > session it is (ck-list-sessions) and look for the X11 display property
4 > set. This will not work (or could be difficult) if you have several
5 > users using KDE at the same time and can't tell the sessions apart.
6 >
7 > Once you figure that out, remember the session name and:
8 >
9 > # su -c 'dbus-send --system --print-reply \
10 > --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" \
11 > /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/<session name> \
12 > org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session.Unlock'
15 If there a nice way to wrap this up in a script I'd be interesting in
16 shipping this for non-logind systems.
17
18 Another option is sys-auth/elogind, which provides the logind interface
19 and tools (like loginctl) for non-systemd systems. This is what I've
20 been testing with OpenRC for some time.
21
22 I read that ConsoleKit is also supporting the logind dbus interface now.
23 This would in theory make it easy to create a tool to unlock the
24 session, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.