From: Mike Diehl <mdiehl@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't start KDE
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:16:18
1 Hi all.
2
3 We had a power outage the other day, while I was in the middle of an
4 emerge world. Now that the system has booted, I can't get KDE to log me in.
5
6 I get the splash page and the login page. When I enter my
7 username/password, the screen blinks black and then displays an error
8 message:
9
10 Call to lnusertemp failed (temporary directories full?) Check your
11 installation.
12
13 I've checked the permissions and ownership of /tmp and /var/tmp. They
14 are owned by root, world read/writable and sticky.
15
16 The /var/log/X.*.log and /var/log/kde.log files don't indicate any type
17 of errors.
18
19 What do I do now? I do NOT want to rebuild this machine....
20
21 TIA,
22 Mike.