From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fluxbox without xorg-server? How do you start X?
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 16:56:16
1 On Sunday 28 June 2009, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:22:14 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > What's the 'right' way of installing Xorg on a machine that runs FB as
4 > > a WM?
5 >
6 > Install xorg-server, anything else that's needed will be installed as a
7 > dependency of xorg-server or your client software. The xorg-x11 meta
8 > package was,AFAIR, created for backwards compatibility for old ebuilds
9 > that still depended on the old monolithic package.
10
11 Oh I see, thanks for this! I had it the other way around in my head.
14 Regards,
15 Mick