From: "Noack
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-user] gtk+ dependency problem
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:14:55
1 Hi,
2
3 `emerge --nodeps` let you install packages without its dependencies, but at least the other dependencies unless xorg-server are required for compiling xlib. So you would have to run `emerge --nodeps <all the dependencies which are really required> libX11`
4
5 Regards
6 Sebastian Noack
9 > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
10 > Von: Enrico Weigelt [mailto:weigelt@×××××.de]
11 > Gesendet: Montag, 7. August 2006 09:57
12 > An: gentoo-user
13 > Betreff: [gentoo-user] gtk+ dependency problem
16 > Hi folks,
19 > I'm just installing some X applications on an headless machine
20 > and I'd like to have only the xlib client libs, no server stuff.
21 >
22 > The problem is: the non-deterministic dependencies to the X libs
23 > get resolved badly - it always wants to install the Xserver.
24 >
25 > How can stop it from doing that (without manually tweaking
26 > the portage tree) ?
29 > cu
30 > --
31 > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
32 > Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
34 > Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
35 > http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
36 > Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
37 > http://patches.metux.de/
39 > --
40 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list