From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sysrescuecd gone rogue
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 13:38:21
1 On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 15:10, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I just downloaded my preferred medium of choice for installing Gentoo and
4 > discovered sysrescuecd now runs Linux Arch instead of Gentoo and to make
5 > things worse it is running systemd instead of openrc. :-(
6 >
7 > A quick look in the forums did not reveal the reasons for this strategic
8 > change. Regardless, have you used the Arch based sysrescuecd to install
9 > Gentoo and are there are any gotchas I should be aware of?
10 >
11 > Would I be better off to use a Gentoo Live ISO to install with? I don't think
12 > I have used one of these for more than 10 years ... or more! O_O
13
14 If you check the forums some more, you should be able to find links to
15 an effort to update the last gentoo-based version to create new
16 releases. See page 5 of the sysrescuecd thread in 'Gentoo Chat'.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Arve