From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpv upgrade warning
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 15:47:17
1 On 09/19/2015 01:22 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > You can head off to the attic and copy the <=0.9.0 version into a local
3 > overlay, but eventually things would break as various libs and dependencies
4 > move out of kilter. Since this is not a production workstation or public
5 > facing server, you can leave it at that version and not update it until you
6 > buy new hardware.
9 I also just discovered with it apparently you can't change the seek
10 times for forwarding/reversing through the video any longer, it appears
11 to fixed at 1 second, 5 seconds, and 1 minute. With lirc, I had it set
12 to values no longer available.
13
14 I just looked at the changelog and they made 10+ changes that would
15 break the user's config (IMO for no good reason.)
16
17 I guess for my slower CPUs I'll have to use vlc to get vaapi support.
18 (Now that I'm more awake, that's why I switched to mplayer2/mpv to begin
19 with.) Hopefully vlc won't do something so daft like remove lirc support.
20
21 Dan