From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x081fb2c1 ***
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:09:17
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I don't really know who to ask about this error. I searched for an
3 > explanation on Google and it gave me a link to the Gentoo German forums,
4 > so I thought maybe someone here could help me with this.
5 >
6 > I wrote a Qt program. It compiles just fine, but when I try to run it I
7 > get this:
8 >
9 > michael@camille ~/projects/c++/myFantasy/main/src $ ./src
10 > *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x081fb2c1
11 > ***
12 > Aborted
15 > Being fairly inexperienced with C++ I have no idea what this means. Is
16 > this a problem with my program or with my system. Is there a way to fix
17 > it? Can anyone at least explain to me what it means?
18
19 Are you running a grsecurity and or pax kernel?
20
21 I get this kind of crap left and right with it... Sometimes. Very
22 unpredictable. Very annoying.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list