From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] wpa_supplicant connect-disconnect loop
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 07:18:33
1 On 12/12/2010 05:55 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 12 December 2010 02:07:02 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 >> On 12/11/2010 08:35 PM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
4 >
5 >> To add to the above from the message logs, wlan0 deauthenticates from
6 >> the AP by "local choice (reason=3)"
9 > If you are getting these disconnections even with WPA/2 encryption disabled
10 > then this is probably related to a bug on the driver, which falls over itself
11 > when running with wpa_supplicant.
12 >
13 > There are reports in google about it and a suggested fix is to disable 11n and
14 > 5.0GHz:
15 >
16 > http://www.jpdw.org/blog/intel-wireless-broken-ubuntu-904
19 > Run modinfo for your driver and find the parameters that control other than
20 > 802.11g modes and disable them by creating and adding them to a file in
21 > /etc/modprobe.d/ for your driver if it's not already there.
22 >
23 > Alternatively, see if you can disable any modes other than 802.11g at your AP
24 > and test to find out if this resolves the problem for now.
25 >
26 > HTH.
27
28 Solved and saved by wicd!
29 I am now sending this e-mail with my wireless connection. Don't know how
30 this magic happens but all is fine after the net stuff from baselayout
31 was thrown out the window and wicd installed as suggested by Alan on
32 another e-mail thread. I even get the wireless LED working. My
33 /var/log/messages is clean, etc. Great. Thanks. Since wpa_supplicant is
34 used by wicd the problem must be either the way /etc/conf.d/net is
35 handling the network setup or my ignorance on how to configure
36 wpa_supplicant by hand. The iwlagn driver is good.
39 Valmor