From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] managing chromium exceptions
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 09:17:56
1 I just had the experience of visiting a linux-related site
2 (http://libv.livejournal.com/22968.html) and seeing a panel with ads
3 about house appliances (from a site I had actually visited before).
4 The panel actually blocks part of the page, and is impossible to
5 remove. This is caused by some javascript linked to some crap-factory
6 named criteo.com.
7 I'm using chromium, but I just checked that the same happens with
8 Firefox, so the fault lies with
9 http://libv.livejournal.com and not with Google (for once)
10
11 Now, I tried to edit the settings of chromium to block javascript from
12 criteo.com. Guess what, the "manage exceptions..." dialog opens a
13 popup window with an example for the aptly named domain example.com,
14 and _doesn't allow any change at all_! No way to add an exception, nor
15 to remove it (not that there's much to remove)
16
17 Ah, the state of browsers for linux!
18
19 Please tell me I'm not the only one to whom such beautiful things happen.
20
21 Jorge Almeida