From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:41:53
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2010-09-30, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Grant Edwards wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> << SNIP>>
7 >>> Whatever's generating the HTML/CSS for the Gentoo manual web pages
8 >>> does know the difference, and should be able to do The Right
9 >>> Thing(tm). The manual HTML is definitely machine-generated, but I
10 >>> can't tell you by what at this point, so I can't offer a specific
11 >>> fix...
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >> Maybe what needs to happen is this. Find the person that is "in the
16 >> know" on the Gentoo docs, give them a OLD 12" monitor to help do the
17 >> pages with.
18 >>
19 > and some OLD eyes with which to look at the monitor -- that way they
20 > set their browser sup with larger fonts for the low-contrast
21 > blue-on-blue blocks. :)
22 >
23 > What really needs to happen is for me to file a bug report against the
24 > documentation (assuming this hasn't already been filed as a bug and
25 > been resolved as "won't fix"). I'll put that on my list of things to
26 > do...
30 Your eyes as bad as mine? My glasses are 3 years old and I really need
31 some new ones.
32
33 One good thing tho, at least they didn't decide to put dark blue text
34 with a black background. There are sites that do that. I guess they
35 want the old farts like us to go away. lol It generally works too.
36
37 I wouldn't expect a quick fix but maybe it will be something that they
38 can work on over time. I don't think there is a lot of people that do
39 doc work. It does need to be brought to their attention tho. If they
40 don't know it is a problem for some of us, they certainly won't work on
41 it then.
42
43 Post a link when you file it.
44