From: Mike Sampson <mike@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended printer?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 07:33:10
1 On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Helmut Jarausch
2 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > On 10/21/2011 02:32:42 AM, Michael J. Barillier wrote:
4 >> I've wasted enough time beating on my current boat anchor of a
5 >> printer
6 >> hoping it'll start working.  linuxprinting.org is currently offline,
7 >> so
8 >> in the meantime does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive
9 >> printer
10 >> that is known to work with cupsd and Gentoo?
13 > I've made some bad (strange) experiences with printers connected via
14 > USB (under CUPS).
15 >
16 > Therefore, I've bought a Kyocera FS-1028MFP.
17 >
18 > It has an ethernet connection built in.
19 > I can print duplex, copy duplex (even a duplex document feeder)
20 > and has a scanner (even in color), sending the file via ftp.
21 >
22 > Kyocera is known for very low operating costs.
23 >
24 [snip]
25
26 Kyocera printers are very nice. I have a FS-1030D which doesn't have
27 ethernet as standard however I purchased it as an option. Mine is a
28 fairly basic device though it supports IPv6, POP3/SMTP, SNMP, and a
29 whole bunch of other stuff. Really happy with mine. Had it for about
30 3-5 years I guess.
31
32 Mike