From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get debug information if system crashs randomly?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:20:57
1 On Friday 28 October 2005 10:11, Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
2 > A. Khattri wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Qiangning Hong wrote:
4 > >>My gentoo system on an IBM Thinkpad R52 crashs randomly (usually when
5 > >>CPU usage is high). When it crashs, the whole system freezes -- mouse
6 > >>point doesn't move, keyboard doesn't response, I even can't connect it
7 > >>via ssh. I had to hard reset the machine, therefore no error message is
8 > >> left in the log files. How can I find the reason?
9 >
10 > Better get all the stuff backed up... Could be a hard disk failure
11 > coming your way!
12
13 sounds like a heating issue, maybe too. Although, if cpu usage is high, mayb
14 ememory is, too. if you've got a bad spot on the disk where swap is, you'll
15 get that behavior.
16 --
17 John Jolet
18 Your On-Demand IT Department