From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Typewriter sound
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:07:13
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> [10-08-18 00:20]:
2 > On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > >  on YouTube there was a Blender-2.5 tutorial with audio.
6 > >  There was an interesting detail: While there were spoken
7 > >  instructions one can hear one typing on its keyboard.
8 > >  Each hit on one of the keys made the sound of an old
9 > >  typewriter (no, it was not the sound of the legendary
10 > >  "IBM Model M" keyboard ;) ).
11 > >
12 > >  How can I achieve this?
13 >
14 > I have not tried it, but a Google search showed me this:
15 > http://github.com/colszowka/linux-typewriter
16 >
17 > BTW - I have Unicomp keyboards (modern version of IBM Model M) and
18 > they are loud and awesome ;)
21 Hi,
22
23 I am still searching for a specific typewriter sound -- the one I heard
24 in the background of the video of the blender tutorial.
25
26 It sounds like a pure mechanical typewriter. And it sounds like
27 one is typeing onto a paper, which was put into the typewriter with
28 a little gap between the paper and the rubber platen roller (hopefully
29 I got these words right...), so each hit onto one of the keys is followed
30 with a little "PENG!" (or should I call it "BANG!") when the type
31 hits the paper and hammers it against the roller.
32 Little literarty "shoots" somehow. The incarnation of rhetorical power
33 in some way...;)
34
35 Does someone know of more typewrite sounds? I searched the net and
36 found another source but the sound wasn't there...
37
38 Keep hacking!
39 Best regards,
40 mcc