From: Ralf <ralf+gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AC WiFi Card
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:53:55
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I want to get rid of my old Wifi AP. As I already have a gentoo server
4 in my flat, I'd also like to use a Wifi AP using hostapd.
5 And, of course, I'd like to use the latest AC standard, as my laptop
6 supports it. Additionally, I'd also like to use good old 2.4GhZ as
7 fall-back.
8
9 So I was looking for some PCI-E Wifi Card, that supports AC standard. I
10 was thinking about sth. like this [1]. A friend of mine told me, that I
11 should take care when buying AC hardware, as there is rare kernel support.
12
13 Does anyone of you successfully use AC hardware in AP mode, Dual stack
14 (5GhZ / 2.4GhZ)?
15 What kind of hardware would you recommend (and is known to work without
16 any painful hacks)?
17
18 Cheers
19 Ralf