From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] modular X : where is xorg.conf ?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:05:33
1 060921 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I've updated to modular X
3 > and everything seems to be working as before, but where is xorg.conf ?
4
5 Modular X does create its own version on the fly,
6 but it's better to have the file in /etc/X11 in case of further change.
7 On the raw console (outside X) I ran 'Xorg -configure',
8 which created a version in my home dir, which needed a couple of tweaks
9 to recognise my mouse & get the display the correct size,
10 in fact just the changes I had to make when I started 031006 !
11
12 So now on to kernel 2.6.18 & getting Nvidia acceleration working again.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list