From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 19:23:30
1 On Saturday 26 March 2011 19:10:12 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:09:50 +0100, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
4 > >> I think wicd rely on python 2.6 currently. This is my setup on my
5 > >> laptop ! (trying other version break networking with wicd).
6 > >
7 > > Wicd works fine with 2.7. There was a problem when 2,7 was first
8 > > released, but that was fixed in a Wicd update.
11 > > --
12 > > Neil Bothwick
13 >
14 > I've been through this 2.7 update process on 4 machines now. It seems
15 > on all of my machines the python-updater thing is pretty much always
16 > broken with respect to:
17 >
18 > openoffice-bin
19 > boost
20 > emul-linux-x86-baselibs
21 >
22 > No matter how many times I rerun things it just wants to keep rebuilding
23 > them.
24 >
25 > What's weird is that no two machine see exactly the same. Some only
26 > fail with one of those packages, others fail with 2 or 3. Rerunning
27 > phython-updater, or lafilefixer, or revdep-rebuild or removing them
28 > completely and letting emerge -DuN @world reinstall them changes
29 > nothing. They just go on failing the same way.
30 >
31 > Waste of time so far...
32
33 If you machines are running stable arch there was also this that came up
34 today:
35
36 revdep-rebuild -v --library 'libmpfr.so.1' -- --ask
37
38 Check your elog in case there are some more packages that need revdep-rebuild.
41 Regards,
42 Mick