From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] su setting $DISPLAY (was: Re: gtkpod won't start)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:24:05
1 Am Samstag 24 November 2007 schrieb Billy Holmes:
2 > Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
3 > > Sorry, but I don't get your point. How does this explain why root has a
4 > > correct $DISPLAY after using "su" or "su -"?
5 >
6 > it's probably pam related.
7 >
8 > check /etc/pam.d/su
9 >
10 > check if it has:
11 >
12 > session required pam_env.so
13 > session optional pam_xauth.so
14
15 Already checked that, even commented out pam_env.so. DISPLAY still set.
16
17 > then check /etc/security/pam_env.conf and make sure the DISPLAY option
18 > is commented out.
19
20 No mention of DISPLAY in this file.
21
22 Don't get me wrong, it's OK for me that it is set, but to my knowledge of su
23 it shouldn't be, so I'm just wondering why?
24
25 Bye...
26
27 Dirk