From: Aline de Freitas <aline@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] growisofs: "media is not recognized as recordable DVD"
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:10:18
1 Em Sunday 16 December 2007 22:43:08 Daniel escreveu:
2 > I had some .avi's that I wanted to burn, so I went out and bought a 10pack
3 > of Fujifilm DVD-R media (4.7GB) and fired up K3b. However, it kept asking
4 > me to insert a writable disk even though I put fresh disk after fresh disk
5 > in the drive.
6 >
7 > So I resorted to growisofs. I had an ISO I wanted to burn as well so:
8 >
9 > $ growisofs -Z /dev/dvdrw=/path/to/image.iso
10 >
11 > :-( /dev/dvdrw: media is not recognized as recordable DVD: 0
12 >
13 > ...so I started Googling and found numerous references to people making
14 > stupid mistakes (trying to burn CDs instead, putting +R discs in -R drives
15 > etc.) and a few people suggesting I flash my firmware.
16
17 It happens to me one time, after a lot of research and a lot of tries, I
18 discovered that my DVDR had a plastic "protection"...
21 Aline de Freitas - Chave pública: ID DE632016 / keys.indymedia.org
22 gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-keys DE632016