From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] User eix-sync permissions problem
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:07:24
1 On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 07:32:46AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote
2
3 > emerge --sync X number of times daily in a cron
4 >
5 > emerge -avuND world deliberately and manually as the sysadmin at your
6 > leisure.
7 >
8 > Two different actions in time.
9
10 Assume you sync once a day, and update once a week, the first 6 syncs
11 would be mostly wasted. Yes, your final sync would be smaller. But
12 your machine and the server would have to go through the file-comparison
13 process 7 times, instead of once.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications