From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How can I run apache as non-root user?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 21:03:57
1 Hi Gentoo community,
2
3 I modified apache config to have it running on non-private
4 port 8080. I restarted apache and verified that it is
5 really listening on port 8080 (netstat). But when I check
6 all running apache processes for owners, I see there is still
7 one apache process running as root (rest are running as
8 "apache" user).
9
10 So my question is: how can I run apache completely as non-root
11 user? IIRC, "root" is necessary only if I want to use "low"
12 port numbers (0-1023), but my apache is using 8080...
13
14 Jarry
15 --
17 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
18 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.