From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change keyserver used by portage?
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 05:05:39
1 Yes. That is how the pool URL works. It does some sort of load-balancing
2 via
3
4 > DNS resolution. That's why it has so many addresses.
5
6 I am well aware of the /etc/hosts hack, but it's an ugly work-around. I'd
7 > rather be able to configure portage itself to use a different pool or a
8 > specific
9 > server, rather than mess around with DNS resolutions. And I haven't been
10 > having any luck in searching for how to configure the keyserver used by
11 > Portage.
12 >
13 > Yes, there is an email address I could message to notify them that there
14 > is a
15 > problematic server, but because Portage tells me nothing about which
16 > server
17 > it's using other than the pool URL, I have nothing helpful to tell them.
20 Since you know the server IPs, and there's only a small number so you could
21 try connection to each of them and see which one(s) fail.
22
23 Or tcpdump, or netstat etc.