From: "Markus Schönhaber" <gentoo-user@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Meaning of bold/regular font in output from emerge
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:57:01
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 20 September 2007 15:07:20 Markus Schönhaber wrote:
4 >> Since portage 2.1.3.9 I sometimes see package names printed with
5 >> different colors and fonts in the output in emerge --ask ...
6 >> Example:
7 >>
8 >> # emerge --ask --update --deep world
9 > [SNIP]
10 >> In the above output ntp, git and openoffice are shown in light green and
11 >> boldface while all other packages are shown in a darker green and a
12 >> regular font face.
13 >> What do the differences in font weight and colour tell me?
14 >
15 > The packages in bold are in your world file. `man 5 color.map` is probably the
16 > best reference..
17
18 Bo, Alan, thanks for the explanation.
19
20 Regards
21 mks
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list