From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System borked after emerge -e world
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 02:04:43
1 On Fr, 28 Apr 01:27:23 +0200
2 wabe <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Do, 27 Apr 16:56:00 -0500
6 >> Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >> >One thing about alt sysreq, once you get to a certain point, you
8 >> >have >to go "all the way" with it. I've found that just the R and E
9 >> >generally >gets things back to a point it is accessible and I don't
10 >> >have to go >through it all. I think once you get to the I or S, it's
11 >> >all or nothing at that point. Even after the E, you may have to
12 >> >start/restart some init processes. FYI, I'm pretty sure the S is
13 >> >what syncs the file systems and the U unmounts everything. Of
14 >> >course, the B reboots. I can't recall what the others do exactly.
15 >> With access to the kernel sources, you doesn’t have to remember what
16 >> the others do, see
17 >> ‘/usr/src/linux/Documentation/admin-guide/sysrq.rst’.
18 >
19 >This file doesn't exist on my system (not even the directory
20 >"admin-guide").
21 >
22 >I can find it under:
23 >
24 >/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysrq.txt
25 That’s interesting, I doesn’t expect that. Maybe we are using different
26 kernel sources. Mine is ‘sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.10.12::gentoo’ but
27 wait, I’ve found it also under ‘Documentation/sysrq.txt’ with version
28 4.9.16 and it’s slightly a little bit different (in form not in content
29 as far as I can see).
30 >
31 >But in my case I even had no access to any file, because no command
32 >was working anymore. So I think it is better to have these information
33 >on a good old sheet of paper. ;-)
34 Ha, yes of course, a paper backup beats them all (under typical
35 circumstances). ;-)
39 Regards,
40 floyd