From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolv.conf is different after every reboot
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:39:24
1 On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 12:21:23PM +0300, Grand Duet wrote
2 > This is a continuation of the thread:
3 > "Something went wrong with DNS, plz help!"
4 >
5 > Now, the issue became clearer, so I decided to start
6 > a new thread with more descriptive Subject.
7 >
8 > In short: the contents of the file /etc/resolv.conf
9 > is unpredictably different from one reboot to another.
10 > It is either
11 > # Generated by net-scripts for interface lo
12 > domain mynetwork
13 > or
14 > # Generated by net-scripts for interface "eth0"
15 > nameserver My.First.DNS-Server.IP
16 > nameserver My.Second.DNS-Server.IP
17 > nameserver 8.8.8.8
18 >
19 > I tried to chmod this file to be unwrittable even for root
20 > but after a reboot it have been overwritten anyway.
24 A similar problem was noted at...
25 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-816332-start-0.html
26
27 Can you post the contents of your /etc/conf.d/net and also
28 the output of the "rc-update show" command? That should help narrow
29 down the potential sources of your problem.
32 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
33 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications